Friday, December 5, 2014

Financial Adviser Fee: A true story

Financial Adviser Fee : A true story


Today, I am not going to talk about any financial plan or financial and investment product. It is about financial planning fee. In our country, investors are not used to pay any fee to advisor. I other country there are many fee model for financial planning according to the advise and investor satisfaction level.

Now the scene has been changing slowly and now the investor are willing to pay for right advice. Before going in deep, I would like to share one true story. That story honestly reflects the investor’s need. One of my close friends named Mr. Alok sachan had come to me 5 year back and asked me some suitable financial product for investment. Please mind he has asked me only financial products not financial planning.

As he is my close friend so I have made a small financial plan and discussed it with him and his wife. In beginning they were not much convinced but they had done investment as I had told them in that time with some doubt. I had not charged any fee for financial planning that time but during the conversation I had shared about financial planning fee with them.

According to my investment plan they have started monthly SIP in 3 equity mutual fund schemes. These schemes have generated around 19% CAGR return till date. Yesterday, I was with him his home for dinner and he has paid me financial planning fee Rs 5000. I had never expected this and was not expecting any fee from him. It was surprise event for me but the more important thing is his remark on financial planner advice. He told me that this amount is nothing if I compare your valuable advice with financial planning fee. With the help of your advice I have saved many lakhs and able to fulfill my future plan successfully. It is more dangerous to invest in wrong product without financial planning. Investing without proper financial plan may not fulfill your future plan.

He further said that it is more prudent to pay some fee for right advice before any investment. It can save your money in future and your future goal will be also fulfilled and the more important you will enjoy life more without any stress and tension.

It is true event and if anyone wants to meet the investor and verify the facts then you are most welcome. If you want more information regarding investment or you need investment services, feel free to ask us. We also conduct the seminar on investment and financial planning. If you are interested for seminar in your city just drop the mail.

Warm regards,
Arvind Trivedi
Certified Financial Planner

No comments:

Post a Comment